For many of us, this holiday season will be our first spent away from our extended families. And it can be particularly rough if like me, you haven’t seen your family much this year due to social distancing. But, necessity is the mother of invention. COVID-19 is apart of our lives right now, so we must do some things differently.
So if you find yourself wanting to spend time with your family while maintaining social distancing, here are some ideas for you!
- Have a family Thanksgiving breakfast on Zoom
- Watch A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving together
- Mail letters to family members telling them why you are thankful for them
- Host a Thanksgiving cooking class for younger family members on Zoom
- Make a gratitude chain and share what you’ve added on Zoom with family
- Host a Friendsgiving Kickback on Zoom
- Have a gingerbread decorating contest on Zoom
- Watch Jingle Jangle as a family using Teleparty
- Host an Ugly Christmas Sweater party on Zoom
- Host Christmas Song Karaoke on Zoom (if this isn’t the first song, you’re living wrong
- Have each family make a short Christmas greeting video, then compile and watch on Christmas day
How do you plan to include your family in holiday celebrations this year? I’d love to hear what you have in mind. If you decide to do any of these activities I’ve shared, please don’t hesitate to share!